Saturday, December 5, 2015

Storm Desmond, Galway, Ireland

While storm Desmond rages outside, I can not miss this opportunity to post my photos from today's walk to the waterfall in Oughterard. 


Needless to say I did not meet anyone on the way there except a couple of horses having lunch. The road was flooded heavily under the railroad bridge, the water reached almost up to my knees!!

images from Oughterard during the Storm Desmond


The RED WEATHER ALERT is still on, all roads in the area are flooded, rivers are running crazy, people's gardens have disappeared....

flooded road under the railroad bridge in Oughterardflooded road under the railroad bridge in Oughterard

I HOPE YOU ARE WARM AND SNUG AND DRY TONIGHT while reading this post. 

Unfortunately I did not have my camera in my disposal so I had to use my phone. The images are a bit dodgy for my standard but sorry people this is all I have. Here they are: 

Images from the waterfall in Oughterard during Storm Desmond December 2015

Oughterard waterfall, storm Desmond

Oughterard waterfall, storm Desmond

Oughterard waterfall, storm Desmond

Oughterard waterfall, storm Desmond

He is still here behind the spray!! Taking photos 
Oughterard waterfall, storm Desmond

Oughterard waterfall, storm Desmond

Oughterard waterfall, storm Desmond

Oughterard waterfall, storm Desmond

Storm Desmond, Oughterard waterdallOughterard waterfall, storm Desmond


We photographers are a bold and crazy breed ;-)

Oughterard waterfall, storm desmond Oughterard waterfall, storm desmond

waterfall, storm desmond

hi

thanks for being here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

HOORAY, I MADE IT TO THE BEACH

Everyone knows we had the best summer in hundreds of years  And guess what? I didn't make it to the beach, ANY BEACH, all summer. ...