Saturday, June 8, 2013

Local Irish Flora

     It came to me while I was walking in the countryside that I should make a post especially for the local flora. At the moment everything is in full bloom and the green is so lush - this is the best time of the year to walk the hills of Ireland. 
     Here is a little glimpse at the local Connemara flowers and greens.
Buttercups
Click on the photos to enlarge and view
 
Gorse

 Birds-foot-trefoil

A bit of a mix

Aquilegia

Cockoo flower

Violet

Herb_robert

Clover

Rhododendron

Sweet pea

Daisies

Cottongrass

Aquilegia

Thanks for the visit. There will be more to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

HOORAY, I MADE IT TO THE BEACH

Everyone knows we had the best summer in hundreds of years  And guess what? I didn't make it to the beach, ANY BEACH, all summer. ...