Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Exploring summer

road surrounded by green bushy trees
Today I propose a change of subject. Instead of places to visit I offer you an insight into the local Irish flora. And what better time than a lovely summer morning when the light is bright and exciting, the colours are glowing and beautiful and the air is rich with fragrant aromas. Imaging you are walking with me on this little country road just out of Oughterard, enjoying the summer and admiring the gorgeous lush vegetation. I snapped at all the flowers I could find in this area and took close ups of some of the trees. 
Have a walk with me. Enjoy 
leaf with raindrops


Laurel leaves

leaf with raindrops


Tutsan

flower

flower seeds


Yarrow

white flower


Ragwort

yellow flowers


Fool's parsley

white flower and 2 dogs at the back

blossoming pink shrub

white flowers



Fireweed

fireweed - purple flowers

purple flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

HOORAY, I MADE IT TO THE BEACH

Everyone knows we had the best summer in hundreds of years  And guess what? I didn't make it to the beach, ANY BEACH, all summer. ...