Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dublin City - Tourist for a day

As any other person living out of Dublin, occasionally I need to go there on business for a few hours and and then to hurry back home to my part of the world, in my case Galway. 


I grabbed one of the early buses, so I can be there bright and early, that way I hoped to finish as fast as possible with a bit of time left for sightseeing. I always use GoBus when I travel. For me they are the most comfortable and reliable. It takes two hours and a half to get from Galway to Dublin, but the GoBus is so comfy, the time passes very fast especially if there is something to occupy yourself with - a book, a phone, a laptop....  

Once in Dublin there was no time for fun or aimless walking around. Nevertheless, I did feel like a tourist for a day which was really great and relaxing, I dutifully took my camera out for a spin and grabbed a few shots on the way from and back to the bus stop. 

Unfortunately my business concluded right on time for the returning bus ride home so I almost had to run. This is provincial life for you, not much time for entertainment when you go to Dublin on business. Hopefully next time.....

Lets walk through Dublin together - Tourist for a day

image collage of a government building in Dublin

the roof of a government building with statues and a pigeon on one of their heads

main entrance of government building, Dublin

entrance to Merrion Square park

Oscar Wild memorial

oscar wild memorial

war memorial, Merrion Square park

War memorial, Merrion Square park

Dublin street

Dublin street, people walking by

a random pub in Dublin

drawings on a wall

Dublin streets, people walking

blue, sky, Dublin buildings

image collage, walking the streets of Dublin

Dublin  streets

Busy Dublin streets

A bridge

buildings across the river, Dublin

image from the bus, Dublin

dublin streets

dublin streets from the bus

Dublin streets from the bus

I hope you enjoyed our Dublin walk





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

HOORAY, I MADE IT TO THE BEACH

Everyone knows we had the best summer in hundreds of years  And guess what? I didn't make it to the beach, ANY BEACH, all summer. ...